Sunday, November 24, 2013

Foundations of Human-Computer Interaction - Module 5 - Interface efficiency, KLM, GOMS

This module was filled with insights into my master's thesis. Maybe because my thesis is finally (!!!) materializing inside my head, maybe because it simply did have many concepts which bug me constantly, like the quantification of (in)efficiency of human-computer interfaces. But now I'm not only quite sure of what I am to propose as a thesis, but how to defend and quantify the results of the work.
Phew! Thanks Prof. Lamas! It must have been all that cheese bagel I had last week (just kidding, the meeting was great to solidify my ideas on tangible computing).
Without further ado, let's move to the concept map:

In this one I resorted a lot less to quantifications and special colors (maybe because the methods themselves are quite linear and self-explanatory, or maybe because they make sense to me).
Overall, this was a very information-dense module: lots of interesting things to learn from a rather small pool of key concepts. Good information efficiency, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment