Sunday, November 10, 2013

Foundations of Human-Computer Interaction - Module 4 - The Human Processor Model, Fitts’ Law



In building this map I had to resist very hard not to follow Card's design of a little user's head when positioning the elements. I am actually glad I did, because I could maintain my habit of aligning equivalent elements (with the exception of working/long term memories, which I had to push diagonally to fit the recognize-act cycle). I wound up using four color codes: light blue for most concepts, yellow for the recognize-act cycle, gray for figures (time, capacity) and green for principles of operation and their consequences.
Not the best map I've ever built, but I believe most concepts are well represented, even if some are left unnamed (I decided some principles of operation were more important for their effects and naming them would be overkill).

No comments:

Post a Comment