Sunday, October 27, 2013

Foundations of Human-Computer Interaction - Module 3 - Feedback, Errors, Forcing, Gestalt laws, Responsiveness


This one was a doozy, especially because I had to illustrate each kind of error with an example. After I had come up with examples for each kind, I had to come up with a visual style to separate examples from main concepts, something I did using shades of gray instead of the usual black on light blue. Since I had gone through all the trouble to visually identify examples, I decided that I would use the concept in other places as well, and also illustrated the responsiveness deadlines, forcing function types and laws of Gestalt in the same fashion. It might make for an over-populated map, but no complex concept goes unexplained. In the end, I really liked the result, even if, in terms of graphical weight, it turned out a little bottom-heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment